Thursday, April 17, 2014

Needing Some Reading...

After some really nice warm spring weather we had a stupid spring storm arrive earlier this week...grrr. That snowy storm really got me thinking about my summer reading. I've been in a bit of a reading dry spell lately so I was looking forward to getting back into it.

With this in mind, I thought I'd share my favorite authors and books to help you get ready for your upcoming summer reading.

I won't lie, I am a southern belle at heart and most of my favorite authors hail from the south. 
  • Mary Alice Monroe
    • Sweetgrass
    • The Beach House
    • Swimming Lessons
    • Beach House Memories 
    • Time Is A River
    • The Summer Girls
    • ~Actually there isn't a Mary Alice Monroe book that I don't like. They're all good! She puts a ton of research into her books. 
  • Dorthea Benton Frank
    • Sullivan's Island
    • Pawley's Island
    • Shem Creek
    • Porchlights 
  • Patti Callahan 
    • Driftwood Summer
    • Between The Tides
    • Coming Up For Air
  • Karen White
    • On Folly Beach
    • The Memory of Water
  • Kathleen Grissom
    • The Kitchen House
  • Lois Leveen
    • The Secrets of Mary Bower
Now for the guys out there reading this or for some reading material thats isn't all chick lit here are some other recommendations that really made me, and the techy hubby have a good laugh.
  • Tina Fey
    • Bossypants
  • Drew Magary
    • Someone Could Get Hurt: A Memoir Of Twenty-First-Century Parenthood
  • Mary Roach
    • Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal
All of these books are available on Amazon. Mary Alice Monroe, Dorthea Benton Frank, Patti Callahan Henry, and Karen White all have new books coming out early this summer. Wishing you all a happy spring and summer of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment